Monday, February 17, 2014

.:a cure for housework boredom:.

dressing up
Let's get this straight: I don't hate housework, but I'm far from loving it... I love smelling baked goods getting ready in my oven, or looking at a tidy cooktop and spotless windows... my point? I do it because I like the outcome, not so much the process...

Turns out we can kind of enjoy both (kind of, because you know, I wouldn't exchange a walk in the woods for a baking afternoon) all you need is a little organization and loads of imagination...
Spelling with dough

On weeks past we suffered heavily from cabin fever, don't let the sunlit room mislead you... loads of rain and wind kept us indoors... while sweet little pea craved for ways on how to use her energy I only hoped she would get tired enough so I could get her to watch a cartoon on the couch while I put together a decent meal... 

guess what? at the end all I needed to do was planning for her to help me... I decided to prepare cooking steps she would hinder the day before, when she was already tucked in bed... this included cutting and peeling when possible to anticipate... then all I had to do was get her involved... cooking peels in her pots, cleaning the kitchen with tissues, helping me assemble the layers in the lasagna...

all of this with dancing breaks and loads of make believe... just get your go-to disney playlist to brighten the mood and get going...
fine rug picnic
best part, besides getting things done, was seeing the young lady trying to mimic our antics with her faithful companions... my lovely chatterbox...

No comments:

Post a Comment