Sunday, February 16, 2014

.:how does she do that:.

warning: this post is all girly ( fashion and not-fitting-the-role-model-complex outburst ) so be prepared...

sometimes I wonder how people (and by people I really mean women) make it through winter days fashionwise... ok, if you’ve known me long enough you know how I’ve always been a sucker for comfort... 











point is, comfort in Rio is a cute dress and flats, or a nice skirt and a pretty plain top, 

or, if the weather doesn’t feel like cooperating jeans, a t-shirt, cardigan and your faithful converse will do the job... when you go about Italy (not the sun-filled islands in the south, I’m talking about near-the-alpes-freezing Italy) it is not quite the same...


first thing I’ve learned is that your good old converse is not worth the same here, unless eventually you won’t need all of your toes... my best friends became boots, high, low, flat, with heels, but always with some bulky socks under... are you thinking ballet flats? think again... for me they won’t work unless it is summer (the one month of summer according to my parameters)... 


how I wish I could understand how the average fashion blogger post about getting ready for work wearing a summer dress over tights matched with a fancy cardi and brag about it being perfect for winter because you are “layering”... I can do layering too, but usually it consists of a felted cotton long sleeved top under a nice knit covered up with a too big winter coat to keep hands and neck out of the wind... don't believe it? just take a look: that is me... can you see me?  


and that, my friends, is what I call layering... it is the best "onionnish" fashion... and if you ask me about special occasions like valentines day I will tell you: certainly not tights, but a nice warm pair of trousers... no flimsy top, I will do a blouse, a cardigan and a sweater... besides, fancy wool coats are enough for spring, but in winter a comforter style coat will suffice... maybe in a year I will update the issue telling you I'm ready to sport some lighter clothes in winter, but until then snowmen style rocks for me...



No comments:

Post a Comment