Monday, April 07, 2014

.:just so:.

I am far, almost as far as I could get, but some things still get to me... they can make me angry and disappointed... angry at my inability of doing something, anything... disappointed at the carelessness of those who CAN do everything and decide to do nothing...

brazil is preparing to host huge events, and for one year I got to see the chaos that ensued... I can only guess that instead of looking up the things are most likely to have gone downhill for the last months before the WC... if you are not there trust me when I say it was not pretty... streets looking like rally course rather than what they should be, overloaded public transports, mugging and thefts, pollution at its most, skyhigh prices, just to start with...

just to add sth in the mix, you know how governments are very selective on where to invest public money... health and education a good first choices, but lo and behold, no money left for those... stadiums and highways are more important... and who gets to know about this? only the ones who live there...

this week has come with the massive advertisement of the next animation hit Rio2... no moment could be better to trigger foreigners' curiosity about the natural beauties brazil has to offer... everything and beautiful and perfect to welcome the tourists... those organizing the event must be counting their lucky stars, right? sb from the animation studio thinks: "oh, well, let's release this sequel about now so that we can sell tickets, with all the buzz about the world cup that would work..."

image taken from: http://www.hdwallpapers.in/rio_2_movie_2014-wallpapers.html
foxy? yeah... do I plan to watch the film before the games end? no... not as a protest or anything, just because sometimes the whole of it makes me sick... don't get me wrong, I love animation movies just like the next girl, I go around the house singing disney/pixar songs at the top of my lungs (I know, the neighbours should get at least a big basket come easter... poor things), but just now, only for today, I can't wrap my mind around all the wrongdoings involved to put up a show and host an event... just because while they are making money disregarding the inhabitants people are thinking of a way to make their lives bearable, the long traffic ridden journey to work worth it... I'll stay clear of these captivating birds until I can stomach everything involved in it, at least to the point where I can really enjoy the film without having my mind going in third gear about political affairs, social decay and dirty businesses... some may say I'm overreacting, really, you don't have to understand it, just accept it is my view of things
and respect it...

so only for today let's say I'm not looking forward to the next cartoon to be released...

and in case you were wondering, this is what they say here about the film: "Due squadre di pappagallini che si danno battaglia nel cuore dell’Amazzonia. Acrobazie alla Zico o alla Pelè. Un tributo al calcio, anima del Brasile, e un omaggio al prossimo Mondiale. "(la gazzetta dello sport - 06 aprile)

ps.: sorry about the bitter post, but there are those days when people's unawareness just get to you...

No comments:

Post a Comment