Wednesday, April 09, 2014

.:lazy morning mode on:.

we started up this morning on a lazy haze (first song of the day? jason mraz... you get the mood... ^^), thanks to beautiful crispy spring mornings... ^^
as usual, after I can't keep awake anymore to keep tucking the pea in and making her slumber back to sleep in HER OWN room my husband gives in and brings her to our bed (:/ yeah, me? not really a fan, but better sleep some than none, even though my thoughts are made explicitly clear... maybe too much...)

so, when this happens I wake up to a small hand tugging at my hair... and a little voice calling: "andiamo in soggiorno?" (let's go to the living room?) cue: out of bed, hmmm, not really now... here enters the pad, I-pad on its better james bond style to save the day giving me 10 extra minutes to get my surroundings straight... on the long nights of motherhood the gadget has become a vice... it stays on my bedside table, and I get to read sth without disturbing my sweet hubby while I wait for what seems like the hundredth call of "mamma"... not great for the sleeping routine, but saves me a lot of sanity, meaning that instead of dreading the next call after having JUST started relaxing in bed again I just get to skim through some good fiction until I have to get up again... (*dear new old student, hope this answers your question: "do you EVER sleep?" lol)

going back to morning habits... see how she wakes up? uhum... this is her bed hair, not fair right? what does a toddler need good bed hair for? every single person in the planet (talk about hyperboles) already thinks toddlers are cute, no matter what their hair look like in the morning... her overgrown fringe reminds me a little of kurt cobain, though (every time I tried clipping it the result was a weird haircut I wouldn't wish my worst enemy, let alone push it on my daughter)... minus the troubled soul and musical talent, wait, come to think of it, yeah, her musical talent is right there with his... kkk...

anyway... our morning hair (or overall appearance for what it is worth) couldn't be any more different, but do you see those toes? she has the same nasty habit as her mother, kicking off socks while sleeping... dunno why, but they feel good out of bed, but once you are all cuddled in they just don't feel good anymore... it is a mystery... but luckily we've made a game of it... most often than not one foot from the pair gets lost among the layers of blankets, and we play at find the stray sock... sometimes we succeed, others we don't and may have been known to sport different socks on each foot a la dobby when walking down the streets... all in all it adds to a fun laundry day, great opportunity to practice her matching skills... see? win win situation...

so even though a non-morning person gave birth to a morning little being we manage it pretty well, and we are happy... now, there are things that don't make your sedentary self happy... like what? say your daughter's preference for the slide (picture only encouragement necessary: yes, sweedie, climb up and now slide down... very good! weeeeee!) changing suddenly to the see-saw (her: come and play mummy... me: *groan... sure sweedie)... the cruel part? with a two-year-old the see-saw never gives you a break... if she decides to play with a friend you handle it lifting her up and down with your arms, if there is no peer available you need to hop on the opposite side and your tights get a hell of a work out...

hmmm, now how do I get to steer her back to her slide-loving self? any suggestion is welcome, my arms, tights and whatnots thank you...

No comments:

Post a Comment