Monday, March 17, 2014

.:pollen is in the air:.


ah, sweet spring, time for flowers and sun, love and celebration, and allergies... ^^

spring at home
hell, yeah, that one almost slipped from my mind in the haze for spring I was in... I seriously love all the seasons (being autumn my favourite, something about the colours, the coziness, the excuse to buy books and school supplies, and the food - I know, for someone reasonably thin I indulge a lot in food, it is always about the food, right?) tending to remember their drawbacks only when they hit me in the face, or when we talk about spring, in the eyes and nostrils... 

for my delight it looks a lot like spring here, with all the light and warm weather (30°C during daytime, is it perfect or what?=) and bugs and flowers there is no mistaking it... but then, I tend to forget I'm allergic... pollen and grass... yep, with spring and all there goes the perfect scenario... but hey, the rest of the mix makes up for small setbacks, doesn't it? this is all and good if you excuse me for my absence this last week, my eyes just couldn't take it, but hopefully, I'm back on track...

this weekend we set off to a little spring break adventure before all the snow melts away, it was more of a day trip with the neighbours... two cars, three children under six, and a 40 minutes drive... nothing scary... turns out their oldest son is learning how to ski and they were in for a last snow day this season... it was sweet little pea's first snow to remember... even though she was born on a snowstorm (say the first snow that winter - really, how lucky of me) she didn't much as remember the name of it... 

you know I'm a girl who was born in a city full of beaches where the winter is considered harsh when we hit 17°C, but if this isn't enough to make my feelings towards snow clear I'll help you out... so, let's say I love it, it is the most beautiful thing to see, only just from the window, be it from your car when all the trees along the road are glistening that ethereal blueish white, or from your living room with a nice cup of spiced hot white chocolate admiring the softness and calm of an all white landscape... It makes my heart happy... 

snowball fighting - "wanna a piece of me?!?"
but up close it is cold, wet and slippery... I like wet, but only when the thermometer points somewhere above 30°C, I was never partial to cold and I'm not the most coordinate girl you will see around (you could say a bit clumsy and that wouldn't even be a stretch)... I tend to say that snow is like drinking, you get carried away at first, enjoying the moment and the next thing you know is that you're trapped there on the day after... the hangover would be moving in snow, which I can manage fairly well with skates on in a level surface, but trudging my way up and down snow banks or slide-walking along frozen bits of sidewalk with no previous warning of where to do which is not my piece of cake... but, you know, family fun and all that experience stuff you put your children through won me over... 

I was a little disappointed when the little lady reacted in a surprisingly positive fashion to the idea of snow, having in mind she is going through her fear period and she had a huge breakdown when touching the sand at the beach you know... really, something is amiss on her education... but I'm happy to inform you that I survived yet another snowday experience, hoorray for me! ^^ truth be told, you can have much more fun when you don't take yourself so seriously, so yeah... in a most undignified manner I slided down the snowbank using one hand for support when it was time to go back home...  it was even more striking because I couldn't help laughing all the way down and because my daughter was thoroughly entertained by the whole scene shouting "ancora mamma" ("do it again") and clapping her hands with a winning smile on her face... yes, a memorable family experience... *lol

so, today's post was more of an apology and my piece of wisdom for the day: let down your hair a little bit, and maybe even something as dreadful as snow

can bring a smile to your face...                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment